Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ladies and gentleman, I have some bad news. Meredith was hit by a car.



If you woke up on Monday with a spring in your step and a smile on your face, there is a good reason. The Office returns on Thursday night with new episodes. Therefore, I have been in a great mood all week. Pretty soon, all of the old themes will be renewed: will Jim propose to Pam? Will Angela break off her engagement to Andy and return to Dwight? Will we find out who knocked up Jan? Will Michael burn down Dunder Mifflin?

While I enjoyed last season, I think the show as a whole took a small step backward. It lost some of the appeal of the first three seasons. I think all shows go through this. There is a point when all of the really funny stuff has been used up because the writers aren't even sure that the show will make it. The great shows like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, and the Golden Girls (checking to make sure you are still reading) find ways to get over the hump, and I am sure The Office will too.

I have a problem though. A friend of mine is having a party Thursday night (not Office related) and I don't have Tivo. Do I go bad friend and say I can't make it? Or do I go good friend and miss potential TV history? Dilemma.

In honor of The Office returning, I am having a blog contest. I challenge you all (or both of you) to share your favorite Office quotes in the comments. The winner (chosen by and objective panel of experts) will get a blog post devoted solely to him/her. Good Luck!

Tip of the Cap: HDTV. I am officially an HD snob after upgrading a week ago. If it is not in HD, I don't watch it.

Wag of the Finger: ESPN. I want more screen shots of Erin Andrews when I am watching HD.

2 comments:

Coach Scanson said...

Call your cable provider NOW and demand an HD DVR. Do it and your life will be better. That way you dont have to be a bad friend. But not having DVR makes you a bad person. Look it up

Heather said...

I saw EA in person this week. Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Naaah.

1) Get your facts straight. Your "friend" is a BAD FRIEND for even putting you in the position to miss the office in the first place. You are a good friend for even considerinng to miss the show, but seriously. I hope you ditched that shin-dig.

2) I can't believe I almost missed the contest. The puppy is really eating up all my "blog it out" time.

3) Quotes:

"Bears, Beats, Battlestar Gallatcia"

Michael:"Ah ha, first test, I will NOT call you Mr. Brown."
Mr. Brown (diversity day trainer): "But that's my name"

Determined
Worker
Intense
Good Worker
Hard Worker
Terrific

"I like the smell of fresh bacon when I wake up, SUE ME!!"