Monday, June 9, 2008

Welcome to TW Courtside!

Isn't technology wonderful?! It seems everyone has opinions; some people express them better than others, but we all have them nonetheless. As any of my friends or family will tell you, I definitely have opinions, especially regarding sports and politics. Fortunately for them, the Internet allows me to express them to the world, and I have heard from more than one friend that they hope a blog will alleviate the necessity of me sharing my opinions all of the time.

Kidding aside, I plan to use this blog as my format for taking a deeper look at less examined areas in sports. For example, ever since I began providing radio play-by-play for women's college basketball, I have recognized that the drama, achievements, excitement, and stories of this sport go largely unnoticed by the sports world. Let me tell you, these athletes are far more deserving of the spotlight than the prima donnas of the NBA and NFL. See, already on my soap box.

One thing you can count on: lists. I am a lister and I believe that listing is the most concise and effective way to convey information. Also, expect variety. My life is all over the board, and this blog will be the same.

My first list:

The Top 5 NBA Postseason Announce Teams, in order:
1. Dan Schulman and Doris Burke, ESPN
2. Kevin Harlan and Doug Collins, TNT
3. Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown, TNT
4. Marv Albert and Reggie Miller, TNT
5. Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, and Jeff Van Gundy, ESPN

No comments: