Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Courtside’s 2008-09 All-Big Sky Conference Preseason Team


Following last night’s team previews, I am excited to announce Courtside’s first Big Sky Conference Preseason Awards. These honors follow the BSC’s postseason awards format with All-Conference Teams, League MVP, Defensive MVP, Top Newcomer, and Outstanding Freshman.

Award winners were selected by a panel of experts (me, myself, and I) and will receive nothing but the respect and honor of being recognized on this blog. I thought of ordering trophies, but what with the economy and all…


Drum roll please.

First Team
Mandy Morales, Montana; Britney Lohman, Montana; Claire Faucher, PSU; Erica Perry, MSU; Jenny Heringer, MSU; Jaime Schroeder NC

Second Team
Sonya Rogers, Montana; Atty Boyer, Sac; Kelly Marchant PSU; Nubia Garcia, MSU; Whitley Cox, UNC; Sade Cunningham, NAU;

Honorable Mention
Julie Piper, EWU; Devin Diehl, ISU; Jenna Brown, ISU; Tonya Schnibbe, WSU; Sami Field-Polisso, Sac, Kelly Valentine PSU; Kelsey Kahle, PSU

MVP: Claire Faucher, PSU
Defensive Player of the Year: Erica Perry, MSU
Top Newcomer: Lauren Hoisington, NAU
Outstanding Freshman: Katie Bussey, MSU
Male Assistant Coach of the Year: Justin Scanson, MSU
Radio Voice of the Year (Other than me of course): Gus Johnson, New York Knicks

For those players out there wondering where your name is at on this list, I encourage you to go out and prove me wrong! Nothing is more exciting than witnessing awesome performances coming from unexpected sources. For those of you on this list, the pressure is on. Don’t let me down!

No comments: